Back to School Central
THURSDAY, AUG. 19, 2010
- Lenihan Parent Orientation, 5:30-6:30 PM
- Miller Middle School Family Orientation
- 7th Grade 5:15 PM
- 8th Grade 6:45 PM
- Marshalltown High School Freshmen Orientation, 1-2:45 PM
MONDAY, AUG. 23, 2010
- Back to School Night, 4:30-5:30 PM (Lenihan), 5-6 PM (All Elementary Schools)
- St. Paul's Preschool Back to School Night, 5-6 PM
School Begins Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2010 (One-Hour Early Dismissal)
Preschool Begins Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2010
SCHOOL SUPPLIES 2010-2011
High school activity tickets allow admission to all high school events (except tournaments sponsored by athletic associations) and admission to away conference games. All-season tickets are available to any community member and all students to enjoy high school events at a savings. Student tickets may be purchased at registration. Purchase adult tickets in the MHS office.
- Activity tickets are FREE to kindergarten through Grade 6 students. They must have their school ID card and be accompanied by a paying adult for free admission.
- Miller Middle School optional ticket price is $35.
- MHS students may purchase an activity ticket for $40. This includes a subscription to the high school student newspaper, Pebbles.
- Senior Citizens’ special rate is $40.
- Any adult may purchase an activity ticket for $80.
Free Meal Assistance
Free and reduced price meal applications are distributed during registration. Fill out one application and/or fee waiver per household listing all students attending MCSD schools. This is especially important when children in the family attend different schools. All students in the household must be listed on the same application and/or fee waiver. Students must be approved each school year.
Students must be immunized and provide valid immunization records before school starts. If children need immunizations, contact your family doctor, Marshalltown Medical
& Surgical Center (641-754-6353) or Marshalltown High School Health Center (641-754-1156). Iowa law requires kindergartners to have dental and lead screenings, and 9th graders to have screenings performed by a dentist, by Nov. 1.
Child Care Services
Child care is available at Fisher and Hoglan schools. Look for information at registration or call Marshall County Child Care Services at 641-753-9332. Preschool is offered at Hoglan, Franklin, Rogers and Woodbury Schools. Call Hoglan for preschool information (641-754-1060).
Fee Waiver Applications
Families may qualify for full, partial or temporary waiver of school fees. Applications available at all buildings.