The Marshalltown High School Math Team placed fifth in the Iowa Math League championship Saturday, April 21, in Iowa City, earning them a place in the Great Plains Math League Regional contest May 18 in Kansas City, Mo.
Several students received individual recognition in Iowa City. James Talbert placed third among all freshmen and Ben Anzis placed fourth among all sophomores.
- XingXing Duan – 17th among juniors
- Molly Finn – 16th among seniors
- Jaleb Jay- 9th among seniors
- Nicole Lacina – 20th among freshmen
- Sumeet Panchal-30th among freshmen
- Chandler Schmidt- – 23rd among sophomores
Anzis and Jaleb Jay have also been selected to serve on the team representing Iowa in the American Regionals Mathematics League (ARML) national meet in Iowa City June 1-2. They qualified for the team based on their performance on the American Math Contest taking in February.