Marshalltown Schools Fast Facts
- A state leader in Project Lead the Way including engineering and biomedical science classes at Marshalltown High School.
- Tuition-free preschool in all six elementary schools
- Award-winning staff including the current Iowa High School Counselor of the Year Lydia Arevalo from Marshalltown High School. Also, MHS art teacher Kirk Niehouse, who was named Western Regional Art Educator of the Year by the National Association of Art Educators.
- The Marshalltown High School Class of 2016 received more than $2.5 million in post-secondary scholarships.
- A state leader in providing dual credit opportunities for students to earn college credit in high school
- Digital conversion with 1-to-1 devices in the hands of students from third grade through high school.
- MHS AP offerings
MHS offers the following AP courses: AP US History, AP European History, AP US Government and Politics, AP Psychology and AP English Language and Composition.
Additionally, some students have taken the following AP courses through online or independent study enrollment sponsored through our Extended Learning Program led by Susan Fritzell: AP Comparative Government and Politics, AP Spanish, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Computer Science and AP Environmental Science.