Welcome to Marshalltown's
Child Nutrition Program
The Child Nutrition Program offers nutritious breakfasts and lunches at every Marshalltown Community School District building. Proper nutrition is fundalmental for the success of academic programs.
Our meals meet the USDA Nutrition Standards, which requires the following:
- Age-appropriate calorie limits
- Larger servings of vegetables and fruits (students must take at least one serving)
- A wider variety of vegetables, including dark green and red/orange vegetables and legumes
- Fat-free or 1% milk (flavored milk must be fat-free)
- More whole grains
- Less sodium
The new requirements build on the work we have already been doing to provide more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and healthier main dishes in our cafeterias. Now is a great time for students to choose school lunch! Check out the “Meal Requirements” tab to learn more.
Lynn Large, RD, LD
Director of Food Service
1002 S. 3rd Ave.
Marshalltown, IA 50158
FREE smartphone app for school menus
Our school has a long history of putting our customers first when it comes to school food service. That's part of why we're so proud to announce an exciting update to our school menus! Here’s what’s new:
- More information about each food, including a photo and description
- A new menus website: http://marshalltown.nutrislice.com/
- A FREE app for iPhone and Android, School Lunch by Nutrislice
- A mobile website: marshalltown.nutrislice.com/mobile
- And you can still print a PDF of the menu by visiting the menus website above.
We’ve worked hard over the past few months to get the new site up and running. We’ve updated our menus and are serving some tasty new foods. We hope you’ll check out our new menus and let us know what you think!